Getting Dental Implants Surgery? Here’s What To Expect
Affordable Dental Implants in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Oral & Facial Surgery: Premier Dental Services
Atlanta Oral & Facial Surgery provides the gold standard in tooth replacement: Dental implants. In Atlanta, GA, you can get the best tooth replacement option available. Our professionals provide dental implants because they offer so many benefits. With dental implants, you can achieve a tooth replacement that matches your natural teeth, or if needed, you can replace all your teeth and get a whole new smile! Dental implants restore your smile beautifully, and not only give you new teeth, but they act as new tooth roots which help preserve your bone. In addition to dental implants, our surgeons provide multiple dental services, including wisdom teeth removal, sinus lifts, bone grafting, TMJ treatments, and more. We are the premier provider of oral surgery services in the Atlanta area.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a tooth replacement option that our surgeons recommend for patients who are good candidates. The dental implant itself is made of a material known as titanium. A completed dental implant is made up of three components. The first component is the implant itself which is a titanium post that is placed into the jawbone. The implant acts as the root of the new tooth. The second piece of an implant is the abutment. This is the piece that connects the post to the crown or “new tooth.” You may have guessed, but the final component of the implant is the crown. This is the part that is visible when you smile. The crown acts as your new tooth and improves your smile and your chewing function.
What Should I Expect When Considering Dental Implants?
When it comes to getting dental implants, you must first consult with one of our surgeons at Atlanta Oral & Facial Surgery. Our professionals will examine you to make sure that dental implants are the best option for you. Our surgeons will evaluate the bone structure of your jaw for dental implant placement. If necessary, our surgeons may recommend pre-treatments such as a bone graft to ensure that there is enough bone to hold the implants in place. This evaluation is vital to ensuring that your dental implants are as safe and successful as possible. At the end of your consultation, you and one of our surgeons can design a treatment plan that works best for you and your budget.
The Process: Dental Implant Surgery
Once you have scheduled your appointment to get affordable dental implants at our office, you are ready to get your new teeth. The dental implant process is quite simple and relatively painless. There are a few steps involved in the process to prepare your mouth and ensure that the surgery is executed correctly.
- Extraction — The tooth or teeth in question will need to be removed prior to having the dental implant(s) placed. For some people, the implant will be placed on the same day. Those who do not have enough bone may have to wait before the implant can be placed.
- Bone Grafts — In some cases, bone loss occurs in the jawbone and must be reinforced by bone grafting either prior or at the same time as receiving the implant. Sometimes, when a bone graft is needed, there is a waiting period for the graft to heal before placing an implant.
- Implant Placement — Our surgeons will numb the area of implant placement and surgically place a durable implant post that is made of titanium and very safe for the bone. We may administer anesthesia for your comfort or preference during this step.
- Osseointegration — Once the implant is placed, our surgeon will cover the implant with a small healing cap and/or use the gum tissue that surrounds it, and let it heal for at least three months to allow for the implant to fuse with the bone.
- Dental Implant Restoration — When the healing is complete, the implant is stability tested and a healing cap is placed by our surgeon if it was not already. You will then be released to your general dentist to have the implant restored. The healing cap is removed, and the abutment is placed. The abutment is the connector between the implant and the new crown, or tooth. The final abutment and crown are usually completed by your general dentist.
Following the Dental Implant Procedure
After your procedure, you may experience some soreness. Our surgeons will recommend a pain regiment to help get you through this discomfort. The staff we have at Atlanta Oral & Facial Surgery take extra care to ensure your comfort throughout the process, from start to finish.
Caring for Your Dental Implants Is Easy
Whether you are receiving full arch implants or a single implant, caring for your new teeth is as easy as taking care of your natural teeth. When dental implants are cared for correctly, the success rate is a high 98%. Our affordable dental implants are quality products that are designed to last. To take care of your new dental implants, all you have to do is maintain good dental hygiene. This includes brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing nightly. You should continue with your regular dental checkups and check in with your dentist to ensure that your implants are in good health.
The Benefits of Affordable Dental Implants
Dental implant restoration is the number one choice for tooth replacement. There are many benefits of getting dental implants, some of which include:
- Restores Original Biting Force — Our professionals are experts at ensuring that your new teeth distribute pressure evenly across your mouth. With a full arch of new teeth, your original biting force will be fully restored.
- Matches Natural Teeth — The crowns that are placed on a dental implant can match your natural teeth perfectly. With a single implant, our surgeons at Atlanta Oral & Facial Surgery will work closely with your dentist to ensure that the crown matches the look and feel of the surrounding teeth. Full arch implants can replace your natural teeth with strong, sturdy crowns that can look exactly like your previous smile.
- Stops Facial Structure Change — Your teeth make up a significant part of how you look and your facial structure. When teeth are missing, you can suffer from facial collapse. With our full arch implants, your face shape can be restored to look more like what it once was prior to the missing teeth.
- Improves Speech — Dental implants are fitted to sit exactly where your natural teeth were. This means that your speech will be unaffected so that you can speak normally. With dentures, you do not have the same luxury as they can move around in your mouth, affecting the way you speak. Patients with dental implants do not have to worry about speech changes.
- Combats Tooth Decay — Cavities do not occur in dental implants. The material that dental implants are made of is not susceptible to tooth decay the way your natural teeth are. You no longer have to worry about getting cavities with your new teeth.
- Easily Maintained — In order to care for your dental implants, all you need to do is continue with your regular hygiene routine. This should include brushing twice a day, flossing at night, and visiting your dentist regularly.
- Encourages Jawbone Health — When teeth are missing, your jawbone deteriorates. Permanent dental implants encourage healthy bone levels. With dental implants, the bones in your mouth will stay strong and help avoid more bone loss. Inexpensive regular dentures do not promote healthy bone or strengthen the way that dental implants do.
- Improves Nutrition and Eating — Once dental implants are healed, there are no foods that are eliminated from your diet. With removable dentures, some foods are avoided due to difficulty chewing. Since dental implants are permanent and do not move, you won’t have to worry about avoiding certain food groups.
How Much Will Dental Implants Cost Me?
Full arch dental implants are one of the most affordable methods of replacing multiple teeth at one time. Our full arch treatments at Atlanta Oral & Facial Surgery are not only affordable in low monthly payments, but they are a great option that come with many benefits. The cost of dental implants can vary based on several different factors, including insurance, the material being used, how many teeth are being replaced, and more. This is why it is so important to have a consultation to find out which option will work best for you and your finances.
Schedule a Consultation at Our Dental Implant Office
Dental implants are the gold standard of tooth replacement. Our professionals at Atlanta Oral & Facial Surgery are equipped, trained, and certified to give you back your smile. With dental implants, you will experience gorgeous, durable, long-lasting results. Dental implants are permanent, so you won’t have to worry about them moving around in your mouth. Your smile will always be beautiful. If you are considering dental implants, contact our office today to schedule a consultation with us.