A COVID-19 Update From AOFS CEO Dr. Paul “PJ” Schaner
At Atlanta Oral & Facial Surgery, the safety of our patients and staff has always been our top priority. While we have only treated emergency patients in recent weeks, we began a phased re-opening today, May 4.
Following CDC and other public health guidelines, our offices have been updated with increased and customized safety measures, ongoing cleaning protocols, and enhanced staff and patient processes.
New Patient Processes
We want to assure our patients we are prepared to welcome you back in the safest way possible. We can’t wait to get started restoring your #AOFSsmile! With an abundance of caution, we have implemented a new patient process. Here’s what to expect:
- All patients will be screened during appointment confirmation calls and upon arrival using guidelines provided by the CDC.
- Patients will be required to fill out all paperwork online in advance of arrival.
- Upon arrival, patients will call our office and remain in their vehicle. A staff member will come out and conduct a screening prior to entering our office.
- Everyone entering our office will be screened and required to wear a mask.
- Unless a minor, only patients will come inside.
- All waiting rooms have been cleared of non-essential items, chairs placed a safe distance apart, and all surfaces will be regularly disinfected.
- We are spacing appointment times to allow time for additional sanitizing between patients.
- All AOFS staff will be screened upon arrival, wear appropriate personal protection and adhere to social distancing guidelines wherever possible.