Dental implants posts that permanently replace the root of natural teeth. Usually, after you lose one or more of your natural teeth, it can be devastating to think of a life without your teeth. Dental implants help you combat that feeling by offering a permanent solution to tooth loss.
Dental implants are made up of small titanium posts permanently affixed to your jawbone, replacing the roots of your missing tooth. Then, a replacement tooth will be attached to the post.
The process of placing a dental implant is a surgical procedure. The surgeon will first expose the jawbone, and then a small hole the size of the implant is made. The hole becomes the new location for the implant post.
Once in place, the surgeon may close up the gums with a stitch or two. On your next visit, the dentist will test the implant and get it ready for a dental crown.
Knowing the nature of the treatment, some patients may become hesitant about proceeding to get implants. But once they’ve considered the many benefits of dental implants, most patients won’t doubt that the treatment is a worthwhile investment.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
- Sturdiness-Nothing the strength of natural teeth, but studies have shown that dental implants come very close. The reason is that they feature a root and a crown, as is typical of natural teeth. An implant ensures ample support from both the jawbone and the gums.
- Optimal Functionality-Dental implants allow your mouth to function naturally, particularly for chewing and biting, which can be difficult with other types of artificial teeth.
- Biocompatibility–The titanium material makes dental implants suitable for natural integration with the bone tissue of your jawbone. As your mouth heals, new bone tissue will form around the titanium metal post, making the implant one with your mouth. The material’s biocompatibility also significantly lowers the cases of allergic reactions after surgery.
- Durability–If you don’t enjoy the thought of repeated visits to a dental clinic, consider getting a dental restoration that lasts a long time. Many patients have reported that their dental implants last more than 20 years. With proper care, you may possibly keep your implants intact for the rest of your life.
- Natural looking results–Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth since they feature both a root and a crown, like the rest of your teeth.
- Aesthetic advantage–You don’t have to worry about your dental implant standing out in your smile since the crown can be matched to the color of your natural teeth.
- Facial framework–Teeth play a crucial role in the framework of your face. Replacing teeth with dental implants realizes a similar result where the new teeth support the facial muscles for a fuller and more youthful appearance.
- Preventing bone loss–When you lose natural teeth, your jawbone can lose some of its mass. An inactive jawbone is a great candidate for bone tissue degeneration that happens over time. Since dental implants are placed in the jawbone, they counter this degenerative process.
- Permanent results–Dental implants are the only option that offers a permanent solution to tooth loss. Since they are installed through surgery, it would require another surgery to remove them. The permanent result of implants ensures that you don’t have to worry about your false teeth slipping out mid-conversation and causing a scene.
- High success rate–Dental implants can have up to a 98% success rate when cared for properly
Making an investment in dental implants will allow you to reap these rewards for the rest of your life.
Atlanta Oral & Facial Surgery is an exceptional care team dedicated to resolving complex health concerns in ways that consistently earn the trust of patients, those who care for them and referring dentists. As the largest oral surgery group of its kind in the United States, we have revolutionized our patient journey into a thoughtfully designed holistic experience that addresses patient concerns, centralizes, and simplifies processing, and inspires confidence in exceptional outcomes.
Oral health is at the center of wellbeing, so we invest our time, talents, and resources to deliver remarkable care that enhances quality of life and transcends the expected healthcare experience.
For more information about our practice, visit our website or contact us at 478-401-1527.