To Our Patients: A Covid-19 Update from AOFS CEO Dr. Paul “PJ” Schaner
Atlanta Oral & Facial Surgery has continued to review the latest guidance from the ADA, CDC and WHO and has decided to make some additional and immediate changes to protect our patients, staff and the communities we serve.
We ask our patients to please note the following temporary adjustments:
- All AOFS offices will see only emergency patients who are in good health and not exhibiting flu-like or respiratory symptoms. Please use extra caution if you are over 60 or have medical issues that put you or a loved one at risk.
- All offices hours will be adjusted to 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. – noon on Friday.
- However, our office phones will be staffed during regular hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. Friday) should you need to reach us.
- Patients with emergency conditions will be checked in and asked to wait in their vehicle until called inside for treatment. They are asked to only bring one person inside with them and leave others in their vehicles.
- We are taking extensive steps to space out patient appointments, limiting contact with them and staff, and implementing procedural changes that eliminate unnecessary staff contact.
- We will continue screening of everyone who comes into our offices using the most current ADA and CDC guidelines.
Our number one priority remains patient safety while also providing relief for emergency oral situations in the most sterile environment possible. We appreciate your understanding and together we will play a vital role in limiting the spread and returning to normal operations in the shortest amount of time possible.
On behalf of all of your AOFS surgeons and our team, we’re so grateful for our patients and our thoughts are with each one of you and your families as we weather these difficult times in the smartest and safest ways possible.
Please keep checking back for updates.